. . . mother
. . . 妈妈。

What? You really thought I was going to ask a 12 year old to marry me?
什么?你真以为我要娶一个12岁的女孩?
What kind of perverts are you? ![]()
你是什么样的人啊? ![]()
She said YES!!!!
她说“愿意”!!!

And that made me SO happy!
我太高兴了!

I also asked her if she would agree to be my daughter.
我问她是否愿意做我的女儿。

She said YES!!!
她说“愿意”!!!

And that also made me so happy!
我真是太高兴了!

I have a daughter!
我有女儿了!
She’s just like me.
而且她和我很像。
She likes the same snacks I do. She raids my secret snack supplies no matter how carefully I hide them.
我们喜欢同样的零食。不管我怎么小心藏好我的密秘零食,她总能找到。
She even shares my addiction to . . .
她甚至与我共享同样的爱好 . . .

books.
看书。
We can’t read the same language, but we can still read together.
虽然我们的文字不一样,但我们一样一起看书。
And I love her SO much!
我非常爱她!
![]()

Oh wait. Am I forgetting something? ![]()
等等,我是不是忘了什么?![]()
Let’s see . . .
让我想想 . . .
My dearest darling said I could marry her mother – Check!
我最最亲爱的说我可以娶她妈妈 – 完成!
My dearest darling said she would be my daughter – Check!
我最最亲爱的说她愿意成为我的女儿 – 完成!
(Wow! I have a daughter!!! – that’s something I never thought I’d say.)
(哇!我有一个女儿了!!- 这是我从没想过的事情。)
What is it that I’m forgetting???
![]()
我忘了什么呢???
![]()
Oh yeah, that’s right. One more question to ask.
哦,对了,还有一个问题要问。

And she said . . .
她说 . . .
YES!!!
愿意!!!

And that made me SO happy!
我真是太高兴了!

We’re all so happy!
我们都很高兴!





The big party will be sometime in April 2011.
我的盛大婚礼订在2011年的四月某时
No ancient trees were harmed in the making of this presentation, but I did bruise my shoulder on one.
制作这个作品其间没有古树受到伤害,我倒是淤青了肩膀。
My daughter and the puppy managed to startle each other.
我女儿和小狗互相惊吓到了对方。
Enjoyed the engagement story? Read on for My Big Fat Guangdong Wedding. Guaranteed to be 73% exaggeration-free (plus or minus a bit).